Friday, October 4, 2013

How to Juggle Multiple Roles - Christine M. Riordan - Harvard Business Review

Golden advice:
To manage our roles, we need to think deeply about each of them and identify their important behaviors. I can say that “I am an author.”  It means that I write articles and books. But, it is more significant to think about what I need to do to be an author.  A simple phrase change captures the difference:  I am an author versus I am being an author.  When I envision myself as “being an author,” I start to think about what behaviors I engage in. To be successful as an author, I should be researching a subject, reading other material, laying out the concept for an article, taking time each day to write, and working with editors and reviewers.  By laying out the behaviors associated with each role (e.g., I am being a mom, wife, friend…), we can determine if we are focusing on the right activities.
 Please read the full article at How to Juggle Multiple Roles - Christine M. Riordan - Harvard Business Review:


No comments:

Post a Comment