Thursday, April 8, 2010

Brakes

I was just reading this post (Cloud 140) on a friend's blog. Reminds me of something that struck me a few weeks ago.

That day, as I took my bike out, I noticed that it had a flat tyre. Having cursed my heart's fill to who so ever let those nails be spread on the road, I started looking for someone who could mend it. My encounter with 'Anna' the proud owner of the repair shop is quite a story in itself. But let me limit it here, saying that he mended the tyre but screwed up the disc brakes of the front wheel. Next morning I realized that it jams up once applied and the lever had to be manually pulled up to set the wheel free again. So there was no other way but to restrain myself from using them till I got them repaired.

And those two days were even more frustration that driving a car. I found myself driving at 40 and very conscious each time I tried overtaking a slow(er) bum.

I realized that, if you don't have the power to slow down you will not be able to the power to accelerate!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment