Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Cardmaker

Remember the last time you chanced upon an old album, a scrap book, an old journal that you didn't even remember you ever maintained. Well last night I did and it was 4Am by the time I cleared out the entire box. Some of the interests that you cultivate when you are growing die out and you don't even realize. Tit bits of paper and notes suddenly teleport you into a world that you once enjoyed.

Most amusing was a bunch of cut outs of what appeared as drafts/prototypes of Cards. And over a small period of time when I made those, I graduated from making them for myself to a small group of die-hard fans. There is nothing like a custom message, a card special card made to order, saying things that the person connects to and often a message whose significance only the receiver understands.

I remember a friend Mukesh who loved to collect cards. He would frequent the Archies and Hallmark shops and pick up which ever card he like. I used to ask him who do you give these cards to, and he always replied "I love them, why do you need to give it to someone.." I think he finally changed his ways and started giving them to people, if his marital status is any indication.

I don't remember buying a card in years...actually I don't think I gave anyone a card for a long long time. E-cards don't really hold that punch..

Here is a small snapshot (clicked away on my mobile).. however crude and unpolished they might seem to me today, yet reminds me of a little bit of creativity that I once had..

BTW there is a nice simple software called "Hallmark Card Studio 2009" if you are suddenly reminded of that itch AND photoshop/gimp is a bit too much for you.

2 comments:

  1. What amazing creativity! I loved all the cards, your cards must have been in great demand...seeing that you had a logo and barcode to go with them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cards r always the better way to express. be it a purchased 1, an ecard or a made one...they say what u feel !!!
    good work.
    ... hope it does'nt vanish ...

    ReplyDelete