Saturday, July 11, 2009

B2B

Back to Bangalore and I am falling in love with it again :)
The cool breeze as soon as I walked out of the airport was reason enough. Quite a few things seems to have changed or at least I noticed. It seemed to me like Deepika padukone and Hritik roshan are in a race to meet some kind of crazy sales target for banglore region. Every third billoboard had the picture of either of the two and I was really amazed at the range of products deepika was trying to sell me. In the end it got muddled up in my head. This is the exact reason why it is better to create a fictional charachter to sell your product rather than sign up a star. At least you know they would not be selling someone else's product. Be it zoozoo from vodafone or the ageold gattoo or the classic air india maharaja.. they have better brand recall.

Some thing else I immediately noticed was an ingenious ad from MSIL (maruti suzuki india ltd.). Absolutely great way to drive home the exact message. A small kid starts crying while his mom is doing mehndi. All the character of an extended Indian family try their best to quieten him but he stop crying only when his mother picks him up. The message "bring your maruti only to the authorized maruti service centers"

Life has been great so far..There are so many people to meet and so many old hangouts.. And of course I came across the Chinnai's, a mice restaurant on the outer ring road. Now we call it "Andhra Style Chinki Bar" the reason is, all the waiters/waitresses seemed to be chinkis.. The ambience isgood and the food is also fine but what makes it special is, there is a pub on the first floor which marks it out. And here is why.. "For the first time in my life I had come across a pub which ran telgu songs and people were dancing like crazy to its beats :)" That's how it got its name.

Weekend flew off in a jiffy.. Still trying to catch up with old friends. It feels good to be back in Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment